Single Directory Components: Everything You Need to Know
Twig was introduced into Drupal core over 10 years ago. Since then, improvements to Drupal’s front-end API have been minimal. Meanwhile, other front-end ecosystems have implemented superior developer experiences including hot-reloading, tooling for automation, component libraries, shared component repositories, and more.
We’ll answer all the important questions like:
- What problem are we solving?
- How does SDC work? Will we have slots, props, & all the buzz words?
- Can it be integrated with systems like Storybook, Fractal, etc.?
- What does converting a component to SDC look like?
- How can contrib modules and themes extend this? How can you use it in your projects?
- How does this differ from contrib solutions such as SFC, UI Patterns, Emulsify, Compony, and others?
- What is the future of SDC in core? Is it done yet?
- Audience level: All Attendees
- Topic: Front End
- Room: Gaige Hall 201