Have you ever considered trying Linux but didn’t know how to get started? This training is for you.
Linux is a great operating system for developers, especially Drupal developers. Why?
- Linux runs fast on both new, and not so new, hardware.
- Docker, which most developers use, runs natively on Linux, therefor also runs fast.
- The tools developers need are available on Linux
- Linux is Open Source. It’s free to use and install on any computer.
In this full day training you will:
- Learn Linux basics
- Learn how to install Linux
- Get hands on experience with the developer focused Linux distribution, Pop!_OS
- Learn strategies for switching to Linux and integrating Linux into your Mac or Windows environment
- Setup a Drupal environment
- Learn about remote development with Linux
You can also bring a computer that you would like to install Linux on and we will give it a try.
- What is Linux
- Server and Desktop
- Linux for Developers
- Advantages / Disadvantages
- Switching or Integrating
- Installing Linux
- Test Drive
- Used or New Hardware
- Hands on with Pop! OS
- What is Pop! OS
- Software and App Store
- Developer Tools
- Drupal setup with Lando and DDEV
- VS Code
- Remote Development with Linux
- Strategy and tools
- Local Remote Development