A step by step guide to custom coding for Drupal 8. Drupal 8 exposes developers to a fully object-oriented programming environment with a ton a power!
This training is geared towards folks new to Drupal 8 module development and wants to get a solid introduction to some of the core APIs we will need to learn.
Topics we will cover:
- Explore the fundamental change
- Symfony components overview
- Review of the motivation behind leveraging "off the island" components.
- Explore the structure of a Drupal 8 module.
- Review basic file structure
- Take a look at some core D8 modules.
- Review menu system changes and the new routing layer.
- A look at the Form API. If you are familiar with D7 with will form a comparison.
- A look at the Block API. If you are familiar with D7 with will form a comparison.
- End with a review for further exploration:
No need to have any preconfigured environment for the training. We will be distributing environments via StackStarter.io. Just bring your laptop and a willingness to learn something new!
Nick Selvaggio - Co-Founder Sego Solutions.
Michael Marzovilla - Co-Founder Sego Solutions.
Friday November, 16 2018. 9am - 4pm.