Drupal event (e.g. DrupalCamp) organizers across the globe build and manage their own event websites, frequently reinventing the wheel when implementing features needed for such events such as:
- newsletter signup
- attendee registration
- sponsor promotion
- session submission/approval processes
- attendee lists
- schedule display and customization
- social media integration
- feedback surveys
This BoF is an opportunity for event organizers to share their website woes and best practices and to brainstorm a vision for a shared event website starter kit upon which future event websites could be more efficiently built and maintained.
- As an event attendee, which conference websites (not necessarily Drupal) have you used that impressed you? What were your most positive and negative experiences?
- As a Drupal event organizer, how do you currently build and manage your event websites? How many individuals are involved?
- What are the most painful aspects of building and maintaining an event website?
- What features would your event need to take advantage of a website starter kit?
- In what ways would you or your event be willing to contribute to a website starter kit?