Tim Dickens is a font-end developer at Parallax, and a member of the #NEDcamp organizer team. Tim's been instrumental in the development and upkeep of the NEDcamp site and we're thrilled that he's a part of our efforts.
1. Your favorite module or best experience with the platform?
Semantic Views, Display Suite, Elements, and anything that optimizes HTML output. Long live the HTML purist!
2. What piece of advice would you give to someone just beginning to learn Drupal?
Do not be afraid to ask questions. The one thing that I know about Drupal is that there is a learning curve. Asking questions, even if you think that they are trivial, is your best chance for survival.
3. Mac or PC? / iOS or Android?
PC / Android - viva la resistance
4. Favorite movie?
A relative question dependent on the current moment. I recently watched Interstellar and, even though the story is sad, is by far the best movie I have seen in awhile.
5. When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
6. What's your favorite quote?
"I got shoes that old that still fit" - My father.
Always said when I would point out a girl to him as a teenager. He had a pair of boots that were 19 years old and indeed, still fit.
7. Your biggest pet peeve?
In Web Development, not cleaning up, minimizing your HTML. Seriously people, you do not need 15 divs for that field data.
In personal life, the 5000 mile stare from my kids when they are being scolded.
8. What was your favorite class in college?
Even though is strikes me as odd, my writing classes that had me writing on topics I decided. Never cared for the Web Dev classes, because many of the techniques were outdated.
9. How do you find inspiration?
There is nothing like thumbing through a website theme repository to give you ideas.
10. What is your proudest achievement to date and why?
Achieving a Bachelor's Degree in Web development Suma Cum Laude (4.0). Why, because its not easy to do.
11. Dream travel destination?
Ski resort over Christmas holiday.
12. Favorite food or restaurant?
Genghis Khan Mongolian Bar B Q ... mmmm yummy!
13. What's your guilty pleasure?
Not going there. 'It's a trap!'
Evernote, Pandora, GEICO Brostache (yep, i went there)